And the list goes on…
1. “Finally God blessed you with a child after all those years.” Yes indeed he did. But why do people just assume I’ve been trying to conceive since the day I got married? When I initially decided to have a baby it took some help, but also only took 4 months.
2. He’s so fair, are you sure he’s yours? I KID YOU NOT, a lot of people asked me this and they were genuinely concerned. Although I didn’t drink milk during my pregnancy, as I was told to (if you don’t know what I’m talking about go read my last post), my baby was born really fair and people had questions… “why is he so fair?” “He doesn’t look like he’s yours”, “maybe the nurses switched your baby with someone else’s” – Well, I don’t know what to say, if he does belong to someone else, I can’t return him now – he speaks too much Urdu. 😒
3. I was asked if I was going to have another baby. Still traumatized, I responded saying “never again!!!” And I was called ungrateful, and unappreciative of God’s blessing. It’s been two years since I’ve had Zayan and I’ve been asked this 2000 + times. Unless the people asking me this are going to carry, birth, and then care for it, they have no say. I will have another, when I’M ready.
4. “Back in the day we used to birth children and start cooking and cleaning the very same day” – Back in the day, was tough wasn’t it. I know 100% that this could’ve very much have been the case with many women, but the person who said it to me was 100% exaggerating her circumstances. Ahem * 👵🏼
5. And the most popular one. “You should really go to work”, ” What do you even do at home all day?”, “So you went to college for nothing?” -When I was focused on my education and career I was bombarded with questions about starting a family. Now that I’ve had a baby all people can focus on is that I’m a stay at home mom. As for what I do at home all day? I watch Netflix, and run myself a nice, warm, relaxing bath – while munching on some macaroons, all while my child takes care of himself, the house, breakfast, lunch and dinner. And he then tucks me into bed. 😌
All I can say is, take your time and do WHAT you want to do, WHEN you want to do it. You’ll never be able to satisfy anyone, ever.
Until next time.