First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I can’t believe it’s 2018. Time is just flying by and I decided to make a comeback for New Years Eve this year as I was in hibernation mode for the last two years. I’ve been so busy with Zayan (my son) that I deserved a night out!
My friends and I have this New Year tradition where we go to the Thompson Hotel in the heart of Toronto every year. They always have a different party theme every year and this year it was the White and Black Ball. The hotel is clean, spacious, luxurious and the view is breathtaking!
Thompson hotel is the perfect location to celebrate the New Year. The venue is classy, elegant and CONVENIENT! The ball was set up in another area of the hotel, which meant that we didn’t have to step outside, in the cold weather with our sheer dresses, bare legs and high heels on.
Onto my outfit deets! It took me forever to find something I actually liked, I had to find an outfit last minute and it wasn’t easy! Anything & everything I wanted was either sold out or not my size! I was looking for a dress the entire time but then I thought, I should just put something together myself. And so I did. After roaming about a million different stores I finally came up with this.
All black, everything! Bodysuit and necklace from forever 21, velvet skirt from Dynamite, shoes and clutch from Le Chateau. I loved how this ensemble came together. Not only did it look good, it helped hide my love handles. *smirk smirk* Special shout-out to my husband who is also my photographer. You have no idea how many times I say “no, no not this one, take it again”
Everything was perfect about last night, except for my hair. *crying face* I legit spent 30$ getting it curled because I wanted it to look perfect! But the curls came out before I even got home which took less than 15 minutes. Such a disappointment. Thanks mama for the thin, straight, flat and unflattering hair.
My makeup on the other hand though! It was ah-maze-ing! I wish I had a close up shot but unfortunately I don’t! You’re just going to have to take my word for it. I went for a soft brown look. Details are below!
I found a Snap, does this count?
- SMASHBOX Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Concealer
- Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Smoothing Translucent Setting Powder
- SMASHBOX Step-By-Step Contour Kit
- Huda Beauty Highlighter Palette – Winter Solstice Palette
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
Eyes & Brows
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Shadow Primer
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS Modern Renaissance Eye Shadow Palette
- TARTE Tarteist™ Clay Paint Liner
- Lilly Lashes (Tease)
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Sephora collection Eyebrow Editor